It seems that as soon as Christmas is over everyone starts to look to the horizon waiting, for what many people is the highlight season of the year – the summer. For me, it brings to mind wonderful summers from years before and the anticipation and excitement of what’s going to happen this time around. However, feeling excited about summer and actually making the most of it are two very different things so here’s a little a blog post of suggestions that might help you to get the max from summer 2017.
- Be a tourist in your own city- You don’t need to jump on a plane or travel far to see and do fantastic things. Look online or on Instagram and find fun and exciting places you can go in your own city and then go explore them. When the sun is out everything seems different and so much more alive, check out all those streets you’ve never been to before, all those cafes and bars that you haven’t explored before, all those restaurants you could be sat outside.
- Book festivals- festivals for me are always so exciting and summer is the festival season (in England anyway) so do some research into lineups and book tickets asap before they all go. If you don’t, you will only end up looking at everyone else’s snap chats and wishing you were there wth them.
- Have a picnic– this can be as sophisticated or as casual as you like. I remember seeing lots of people last year having picnics with fancy blankets, pillows, champagne and strawberries- I mean, why not? Alternatively, a cheese sandwich and a bottle of coke with the right people and in the right place can be just as good.
- Visit an open-air movie screening– this is something I wish I had done more of last summer and can’t wait to get started as the weather gets hotter. The idea of watching a movie outside under the stars with a blanket to keep me warm just seems so cute.
- BBQ’S- either host them or go to them, they are such fun and yummy occasions.
- Drink Pimm’s (or other summery drinks). Make fun cocktails with your friends, make them with loads of ice and fruit so you get that really summery vibe.
- Sunbathe– take time out to just enjoy the sun. Even if it’s just having a cup of tea outside, enjoy it while it’s still there – you know it won’t stay forever.
(I hope some of this is going make your summer 2017 the best ever).